It's Friday evening and rather than blog another book review I've concocted a scrap-book post of shorts:
1. Recently saw The Social Network on blu-ray which was great, involving tech start-ups, blogging and rowing in one Aaron Sorkin scripted gem - definitely worth a watch.
2. The film's rowing angle came from the Winklevoss brothers, interviewed here in the Telegraph talking about another lawsuit and preparing for the 2012 games.
3. I've also just watch Ellen McArthur inspire some school drop-outs that they have a second chance in Jamie Oliver's Dream School - watch this weeks episode on 4OD here (might be UK only).
4. This week saw the launch of the iPad 2 - or iPad 1.5 as El Reg put it. It was also the week that the FAA decided that pilots could use them rather than paper maps, which means it must be ok for ships, right?
5. Californians have been boating for 12,000 years or so according to this story on the BBC. That would explain the natural amphitheatre no doubt.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
While I try to use images that I create sometimes that is not possible and so I use publicly available ones from the internet.
If you are the owner of the rights for the image and would like a link to your site or the image removed please let me know.
You can email me at captainjp at hotmail.co.uk
Note that I do not receive any financial gain from this blog which is undertaken as a hobby.